Here I would like to share an ukhuwah games entitled: Islamictionary.
- -Al Quran with translation
- -40 Hadith by Imam Nawawi with translation
- -Seerah references
- -A few white paper for drawing purposes
Aims and objectives:
– To explore more about asbabun nuzul of Al Quran, elaboration of Hadith and some knowledge on Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w
How to Play?
-generally speaking—> just like Pictionary 🙂 , but this one is more Islamic Knowledge based.
-The Flow of the game:
- Participants are divided into pairs (A and B). 1 person; A will be in charge of drawing, and the other person; B will be responsible in guessing the pictures i.e answering the Question.
- ‘A’ will be given a question in the form of either of these: i) Chapter name in Al Quran, ii) Hadith Number (from 40 hadith) without revealing the hadith title, or iii) An event in the Seerah.
- ‘A’ is then to draw an image that is related to the Question given in an allocated time, at the same time, B must guess the picture and say it out loud as fast as B can to answer the Question and win that particular session. The answer should be in the form of name of Al Quran Chapter, title of Hadith, or the Seerah event.
- Reminder: ‘A’ cannot draw any number or alphabet; ‘A’ can refer to the Al Quran or hadith to read the translation when necessary:)
- Time allocated is 1 minute, ‘A’ can only start drawing once the timer starts.
- The first group that guesses the most of the pictures correctly win the game.
Examples of Questions (with suggested answer depends on creativity):
- Surah Al Fil: one might draw image of elephant
- Surah Al Quraisy: one might draw image of winter
- Surah Al ‘Adiyat: one might draw image of horse
- hadith 3: draw a building with 5 pillars supporting it
- hadith 4: draw embryo
- Isra’ Mi’raj: draw makkah and baitul maqdis showing connection in between